Saturday, April 14, 2012

Holy Bananas!

Can I just say before i start writing i apologize if this post is messy and all over the place. I have been so incredibly busy and i am now just trying to get all my thoughts on here. Ahh.. anyways!
First off, Disney Land was simply amazing! Not only did Marcus love seeing the characters and going on rides, Thayn and I did too! It totally brought back all my favorite disneys movies i used to love. Marcus pretty much loved it all, except winnie the pooh and the pirates of the carribean ride. No one told me you got wet on that ride, lol, so poor Mar got soaked. He was really tired though so i think that had a lot to do with him not liking it. And as for winnie, that ride was down right scary. But he loved the people and he loved the food. He was such a champ the whole way. He got fussy only a couple of times but when we would put on the dvd player he was a happy camper. We will definitely do more road trips for sure. We also had a really good time in Vegas. It was fun when the kids and mom were with us but it was really nice when Thayn and I got to spend a night alone. When we went to check into our room the chicky at the desk upgraded our room to a suite! So it was a cool expereice for Thayn. He had never been to vegas and so we enjoyed our time together. Even though we missed Mar so much! We even got pulled over on our way home from speeding... oops!

We got home from our trip Saturday and Easter was the next day. So we had very little time to get stuff together but Marcus didnt mind our lame easter egg hunt. He was content with all the candy. But it was a bittersweet holiday, no more first Holidays for MJ.

Only 5 days back from our Vaca and we got to celebrate his first birthday. It was a really nice day. We took him to lunch, not like he knew any different, and to get ice cream , he definitely liked the ice cream lol but it was a nice family day and i was really happy Thayn had the day off. We celebrated the evening with a mini cupcake that he just smashed and threw on the ground and then ate dinner and went to bed. He obviously had no idea why we were celebtrating or that we were celebrating for that matter but like i said, it was nice family time.

Friday I took Mar to get his shots, poor poor dude, then to grab the last min things for his bday party. As i was walking around Maceys with him i was just thinking about how nice it would be to have our own place again to fill with grocerys and to make dinner just for us. Dont get me wrong I love living at my gmas she is so good to us, but i was starting to really miss our apartment in Hawaii. So i called Thayn and said " Hey, lets call up our realitor and see if we can talk to someone about getting financed, and if we cant, then they can atleast help us too." and he was all down for the idea. So we checked out and went and picked him up. We got to meet with someone really quick and i was thankful for that. We were not even in her office for 20 min and we knew that we were approved!! We were freaking out excited! It was so surreal. We had no idea that we were in any place to be financed. We had been dreading the thought of talking with someone. We thought they would say, " umm you guys suck." So to hear that we were approved was super. We got approved for the Veterans loan which is absolutely amazing. We pay no money down and no closing costs. freaking awesome!! and we got approved for 150,000. So even though we may not use that much its just so exciting to know. So now we are OFFICIALLY looking for our new home :)

Last but not least, we celebrated Mj's Bithday today with family and friends. It was such a special day for me. Not many people got to meet Marcus when he was a new baby, i moved home when he was a week away from 4 months. So to have so many wonderful people there supporting us ment so much to me. A HUGE thanks to everyone who came and for all the gifts that you got for Marcus. He is downstairs playing hard. ( He is sooo going to sleep good tonight ;) ) We did his bday lego theme and Oh My Gosh. It was the cutest party ever. I will post some pics on here and FB. But i was just so thrilled how it turned out and im so thankful for my family and friends who helped set up and make things. I appreciate you all so much. ahh.. and yes i cried at his party, i couldnt help it. I dont think anyone saw but as soon as we broke out in "Happy Birthday" I couldnt help it. I love watching Mar grow but its sad to see him so big. I have loved every stage of his life. He is my lil monkey!
Well, now that i have updated to my best. I will join the bday boy in a sweet game of cars.

Much love

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your trip was good.. And I am super excited that you guys got approved for a casa of your own! That has got to be the most exciting feeling ever. I am a bit jealous:) Can't wait to hear more, and see the house when you find the perfect one!
    And of course, I am glad Marcos birthday went so great. I wish we could have been there! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete