Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Home For The Holidays!

Last year all i wanted was to be home for the holidays and now i look back and i cant even believe that it has been a whole year! This time last year, i was saying good-bye to Gma Vicky ( who had come to visit), finding out that our bun in the oven was Marcus J, having christmas with my soldier in Hawaii! I just remember saying to Thayn " Next year we will be in Utah with all the Fam and our 8 month old son" , and now it is here. I have been into the christmas spirit since Thanksgiving! I dragged Thayn chrismas shopping before December even hit. I have the radio station programmed to christmas music. I have almost all presents wrapped and under the tree! I know that Marcus is only going to be 8 1/2 months old on christmas day but i am so excited to see him look at his toys. We got him some pretty cool stuff! Thayn and I both got our presents early.. He got some pretty sweet headlights for his Corrado and I got a GE X500 camera. I think we are both in LOVE with what we got. Even if it wasnt much of a surprise, little does he know i have a few more things for him. hehehe :)

Anyways,
Things are going really awesome! Thayn loves his job. I am so thankful for that. He works 12 hour shifts so one week he works wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday. The next week only thursday, friday and saturday. I think that working 12 hours is hard on anyone! But he likes it. I am still home with our boy, and i love doing that as well. I think school is what is next in my future and i have a few job options in mind. We are still, sorta, house shopping. I want to say we will be in one soon but, i really just dont know. We are trying to be smart about it and find the perfect one for us. For now living at grandmas is a blessing. I am so thankful that she is willing to let us stay here as long as we need to. I think that everyone is going to have a really hard time when we move out becuase they are so used to coming home to mister Marcus. And i cant say i blame them, he is pretty damn cute :)

Marcus just turned 8 months and seriously, i friggin cant believe it. He is so .. GIANT! I was looking at pics of him when i had just moved home to Utah and he was only like 4 months but he is nothing like he was then. Not in looks, personality, or anything. He is now 20 Lbs and about 27.5 Inches. He is starting to not be in any 6 months stuff only 9 mo and 12 mo.
He crawls like a mad man. He will pull himself up and walk along furniture. He will say caca on demand, and it is HILAROUS! He likes to look at himself in the mirror, he loves to play with his toys. He is starting to play by himself and it is so cute. He doesnt have any teeth yet. He pretty much likes all baby food now especially pears and sweet potatoes. He still breastfeeds. He can pick up food with his fingers and put it in his mouth. He likes to play in is play pen but he knows when i put him in his crib it is either nap time or bed time and he doesnt like that, little stinker.
He has been doing this new thing where he scrunches his nose and opens his mouth real wide and growls or trys too, its sooo funny. He also has been making it super difficult to change his bum. He is such a boy. He likes the playstation paddle A LOT, its prob his favorite toy. He loves to go out and about. He says 'mama' very disctnct when he is crying and he is constaltly saying gaga, or dadda. He likes bath time but once that water starts to turn even a little bit chilly he wants out! He is a very busy baby, i swear people think that i am beating him because he always has a bruise on his head. He is just always into something.. and i love every second of it. It never is a dull day with that boy. Im pretty sure everyone who meets him just falls in love with him. He has such a sweet personality. I love you Mar.


We got our chrismas cards all ready to pick up on Friday. I need some peoples addresses though.. so if you read this, will you comment with your address , thanks :)


Well, i know i have lots to say but duty calls. Chances are i wont be blogging till after xmas, soooo. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Love,
Thayn, Mal and Marcus J

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your guys' little life! I miss you guys tons! I definitely want a Christmas card ok! 160 Molly Pitcher Ct. Unit 203 Wahiawa HI 96786 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lot of good things are happening. I can't believe Marcus is 8 months that is crazy. He sure is a cute little guy! I'm glad you get to spend the holidays with your family this year. I bet they are all so happy to have you guys home for good. Good luck in the house hunting! I love when you blog...you should do it more often ;)
    well I miss you friend! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete