Saturday, April 16, 2011

The most wonderful day of our life

First off i want to say welcome to the world Marcus J Baer! We have waited to see your sweet, kissable face for almost 10 months. Happy Birthday 04-12-11!!



So my labor story goes like this:
At around 9:30 p.m on Monday the 11th I was starting to have real bad mestrual cramping and some back pain so i decided to take a warm bath. I was in there till about 10:00. I kept on having small contractions that hurt but nothing too severe so i figured it wasnt anything so Thayn and I went to sleep. Not even 45 min later i got up to go pee and as i sat up in bed i thought i had peed a little in my pants! I was like " are you kidding me!?" So i went to the bathroom and checked myself out and it surely didnt smell like pee. So i went in the bedroom and told Thayn what had happened and he was awake instantly ( lol it was really cute) I got some dry pants on and Thayn grabbed the keys and we were on our way. About 3 blocks away from the house and i started to feel really strong contractions and pressure in my butt and it was the most pain i had felt in the past 3 weeks. My contractions had never been that strong! I was getting so excited even though i knew the pain was only just beginning and we had a 20 min drive to Tripler. Leave it to us to have to get gas while i am in labor lol but we had too so we were like 5 blocks away from the gas station and my water broke full force! I kept thinking am i seriously losing control of my bladder? what the heck is wrong with me.. but as soon as i realized that i couldnt control it, i knew that this was the real deal and that we were going to be having a baby!

We got to the hospital about 11:30ish, i really dont remember the exact time. But they got my into the triage center and could definitely tell that my water broke and that it kept on breaking. yuck! lol They finally got me admitted and hooked up to the I.V about an hour later and i was just waiting on the awesome dude who gave me my epidural to come in and relieve some pain. I waited a good hour and during that hour i had dilated to an 8. I am not sure the regulations but i think that if they would have checked me before then, i might have not gotten an epidural. So i am thankful that i got one. The man took a while to get the epidural in and it was so hard for me not to move while he was doing it. My contractions were so so painful at this point. I was trying to be strong and breath throuhg them all and i think i did pretty well, other then swearing at thayn and im sure the nurse was thinking i was a nut bag. Once that epidural was in though, it was thee best thing in the world. I was so happy not to be feeling those dang contractions anymore. It was lovely. The nurse checked me right after i got the epidural and said "Holy shit you are like almost fully dilated!" yes, she said shit. I think she figures since i was saying it, she could too. lol I was shocked! I looked over and Thayn and you could see the excitement/nervousness in his eyes. They let me hang out for a little but before checking me again and thats when Cait got there. I am glad she got there after my whole tantrum area lol because im sure i wasnt super nice. I guess Marcus was not facing down like he should have been he was facing up so that was making his head hit my pelvis more, or something like that. I definitely believe it because i was hurting pretty bad. Any way, the nurse came back in about an hour and a half later and i was at a 10. She said she was going to let me lay there for a little longer because being a first time mom it can be really hard to push and she wanted him to have a chance to move down a little more without me having to push and get exhausted. I was very thankful for her once i started pushing, i'll tell ya why soon.
So im laying there all numb and shivering just taklking to Cait and Thayn waiting for something good to happen. The doctor who was delivering Marcus came in and checked me and was ready to get me to start pushing but then got a call to another woman who was having a baby. so i sat again waiting patiently. I guess he had delivered to babies in that time, lots of babies born that day! But he came back in and got everything ready for me to start pushing. I pushed for only 20 min and Marcus was in my arms. It was absolutely the most wonderful thing i have ever seen. He was perfect! I couldnt believe that he was here, laying on me. All i could do was cry and kiss him. He was the most beautiful thing i had ever laid my eyes on. His cry was so raspy and cute. He wanted to eat because he kept sticking his fingers in his mouth and he pooped on me. lol I barely noticed but i thought it was funny. He got to be on my belly for a lot longer then i thought he would and i was so glad for it. He was just amazing and he gets more amazing to me every single day. I can honestly say that becoming a mom has been the best thing in my life. I am so thankful for a man like thayn to be there for me and who supports me through everything. He is such a great hands on dad with Marcus and i love seeing them together. I am so looking forward to our new adventure in life.

I was so thankful that Cait was able to there for Marcus's birth. She left this past Thursday to go back to Utah and we were so scared she wasnt going to be able to meet him. It was just amazing that he came just in the knick of time to meet her. I loved having her support while i was delivering Marcus and i know he loved having her there too. Thanks so much cait, auntie cait, for all you have done for us! we love and miss you!!!!







My little man is hungry now so my post must come to a close.
Have a wonderful day everyone, i know i will!

4 comments:

  1. I am BEYOND happy for you and Thayn Mal! Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad Cait was able to be there too! Marcus is such a handsome little guy! I can't wait to meet him! Be sure to always post lots of pics! Congratulations again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Mal! I am so excited and happy for you and Thayn! Marcus is so adorable! Love you Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Little Marcus enters the world with ease! Im so glad that you didnt have a horrifying experience. Im jealous you got to hold him when he came out. Ry had to go to the respritory therapist and i didnt even see him until 10 minutes after! :( Im so glad that you had a good experience though. Congratulations to you and T. I cannot wait to meet him. I love recieving pictures of him. When it sends on my phone I get so impatient to see it! :) Love you Mal, T, and my new nephew Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome story. THanks for sharing it. So glad that everything turned out so well. I had to push for two hours, and was so exhausted by the time I had Eliza! Can't wait to meet the little man!

    ReplyDelete