Friday, March 11, 2011

34 weeks and other random crap

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate him body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and His lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.



I cant believe that i only have 6 more weeks of being pregnant and less if he decides he wants to come early.. which im starting to feel and sorta hope he does. Not too early but man i am getting so uncomfortable and of course i want to see his darling little face. I felt really good till about two weeks ago. I have started to get more tired during the day. I have a lot of pain in my pelvis and groin, which the doctor said was normal but it hurts really bad. I try to take it east but its hard just to lay around all the time.. This past week i have been resting a lot and i think it as helped not having so much pressure on my lower half. I feel him moving around still a lot.. the kicks and punches are not as crazy as they used to be i think from him losing room in there. I am definitely having a hard time bending over to get stuff and trying to get out of bed i almost have to roll out. Im sure its quite hilarious. I have wanted to clean a lot but nothing too crazy so i dont think my nesting stage has totally hit yet. I have only had about a handfull of cravings since i have gotten pregnant and the most recent one was KFC, and it was delicious:)
I havent swollen up which is fantastic haha. The doc thinks that i wont but ya never know? I pee pretty much every hour at night and i wont lie its very frustrating.
I try not to complain a lot but i am really ready to have my little dude here! I hope the next month and a half go really quick so that we can see our little man and so that i can also see my mommy! April is going to be an awesome month and i cant believe that its almost here! Its crazy! I have my 36 week check up on the 29th so i will keep ya posted.

Sorry if that was Lameee!
anyways, life is good.. not much really going on. Thayns platoon is in the Philipines for 6 weeks. Im so thankful he got to stay back so he could be here for the babys birth and to come to appointments with me. He is a big help.. most the time. hahaha. Maggie has not been leaving my side and its driving me bonkers. When i wake up she is either at my feet or on my night stand. I clean the house and she follows me around. If im watching a movie she is right there next to me. I dont know what her deal is but she is totally being up in my business. LOL

Thayns birthday is coming up on Monday. One day when we had gone to the beach he was playing in the ocean and his wedding ring fell off and he was so upset about it. He wore a silver band that we had laying around for months and he has always said little things about how he misses his old ring. Well i was looking around online one day and seen a black titanium wedding band for not a too bad of a deal and so i got it for him. He was with me when i checked the mail ( me not thinking about the ring possibly being in there) and he made me let him see it and he loved it! I was so happy to see him thrilled. I was hoping that it wasnt a lame-o gift but he was stoked!

well, my long post is now coming to and end..
till next time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your little man to be here! April is going to be a fantastic month for you! I'm so glad your mom is going to visit you! Hopefully these 6 weeks don't drag by to slow for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAllory,
    I had so much pelvic pain my last 4 weeks. It was so tough. I remember getting out of bed was so painful. I am glad you are so close! Can't wait to see what he looks like!

    ReplyDelete