Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Anniversary and Utah

Well i have been pretty busy the last week so i havent been able to blog so i will try to get everything up to date.

Thayn and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary with me having a sore throat. Yep, leave it to me to get sick! It was a great day though. Thayn took great care of me. I woke up to a delicious breakfast he made and then later that day he made me some scones. I had such a great time just spending the day with him watching some of our favorite movies and just being together. It was a great day. :)

The day after our anniversary i went to Utah. I hadnt told my family i was coming so i was sooo excited to get there and surprise them. I got there at 2:30 pm last wednesday and my grandma picked me up. I was so happy to see her even though i seen her just a couple months ago! I missed her a ton. Utah was cold as ever the wind was blowing when we left the airport and it was super cold but i loved the feeling of it. I definitely missed it! We went and got some La Frontera, because i crave it like crazy and i was pretty dang hungry. It was just as good as i remember it. After we ate i went over to my dads to surprise him and my step mom holly. I knocked on the door but no one answeres so i walked in and heard my brother in the game room playing call of duty so i walked in and said " Hey dude" He turned around and stared for a split second then dropped the paddle and came running to me with tears in his eyes. Of course i started crying i missed him so much. He is so tall he was like an inch taller then i am. I couldnt believe how tall he has gotten and grown up looking. After we hugged and stopped crying i went into my dads room. Him and holly were putting clothes away and they just looked up as i walked in and stared at me then they both came and wrapped their arms around me and just kept saying " oh my gosh i cant believe you are here" It was perfect!

My mom and my sister still didnt know i was in town, but my sister had a basketball game that evening so i thought i would just surprise them there. So i hung out at my dads for a couple hours and the loved to see my belly and to talk about little Marcus. It was so great to be back and to see them! Six o'clock came around and me, mitch and my grandma all headed to the game. We walked in and madison didnt see me at first she was playing. So we snuck up the bleachers and waited for her to notice that mitch and grandma were there and that i was with them. She briefly looked up when they were in a little huddle and started to almost hyperventalate, haha it was so funny. She is pretty emotional and of course was crying. Her coach was like "what is wrong?" and she said " My sister is here, i cant beleive it!" she came up and gave me a huge hug. It was great.

Now we just waited for my mom. She works in salt lake so with her commute she was a little late. I seen her walk in but she didnt see me. I was soooo excited to see her, i couldnt wait for her reaction! She started up the bleachers and when she looked up she seen me sitting there and the look on her face was priceless. She started to cry and ran all the way up and just wrapped me in her arms! Of course we were both crying and just hugging eachother for a long time and im sure everyone there was wondering what the heck was going on. But it was perfect. I loved to see everyones faces and i loved that i could surprise them like that. It has been such a wonderful trip so far. My grandma threw me a wonderful baby shower adn i loved to see all the people who came and supported me.

I am so thankful for all the great people in my life and cannot wait to be back in Utah for good. :)

I am missing my mister pretty bad and cant wait to get back to him, but i know that he is glad i got to be here with my family and be able to spend time with them. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband he treats me so well and is so kind hearted.

Sorry for such a long post and i will be done now. :)

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait for you to be back in Utah too! So excited for Marcus to get here! Cute blog Mal!

    ReplyDelete